All the information you need regarding the upcoming open junior national team trials. Please make sure that you have read the eligibility criteria and the requirements for attending the trials.
We’re holding an U13 girls training sessions as part of the Souuth Wales Regional Performance Programme
Age groups and eligibility
Age groups for international basketball are done by calendar year and not school year. The trials are being held for participation in international competitions in 2023.
- Years 6, 7 and 8 – U13
To be eligible to play for Wales, players must meet at least one of the following criteria:
- born in Wales
- have a Welsh parent(s)
- have a Welsh grandparent(s)
- lived in Wales for the past five years (for U13s only lived in Wales for the past three years if born in 2010 or two years if born in 2011).
U13 girls South Wales Regional Performance Programme dates and time
Sunday 4 December, Cardiff Met University (Cyncoed Campus), Sports Hall
- 12.00 – 3.00pm
- Please complete the registration form. Only those who have registered will be eligible to trial.
- Please make sure you have paid for the first session (£7.50). Please use the U13 boys option.
- You will need a new 2022/23 Basketball Wales license. The membership portal is available for you to register and to get your license. Please use the U12 option.
- Make sure that you arrive on time.
- If you are a current national team player, please do not wear any Wales training kit.
- Please bring plenty of water and food for the session.
The deadline for registering for the first session is 5.00pm on Friday 28 October