All the information you need regarding the upcoming open junior national team trials. Please make sure that you have read the eligibility criteria and the requirements for attending the trials.
We’re holding U13 boys and girls trials for the North Regional Performance Programme.
Details for trials in South Wales for U13 girls will be announced shortly.
There will be further information coming soon regarding trials for U19/U20 women.
Age groups and eligibility
Age groups for international basketball are done by calendar year and not school year. The trials are being held for participation in international competitions in 2023.
Born between 1 January and 31 December:
- 2011 and 2010 – U13
To be eligible to play for Wales, players must meet at least one of the following criteria:
- born in Wales
- have a Welsh parent(s)
- have a Welsh grandparent(s)
- lived in Wales for the past five years (for U13s only lived in Wales for the past three years if born in 2010 or two years if born in 2011).
U13 boys and girls North Regional Performance Programme trial date and time
Sunday 9 October, Glyndwr University, Wrexham LL11 2AW
- 10.00am – 12.00pm – U13 girls
- 1.00pm – 3.00pm – U13 boys
- Please complete the registration form. Only those who have registered will be eligible to trial.
- Please make sure you have paid for the trial (£7.50). Please use the U13 boys option.
- You will need a new 2022/23 Basketball Wales license. The membership portal is available for you register and to get your license. For U13 Regional Performance Programme (North) please use the U12 option.
- Make sure that you arrive on time.
- If you are a current national team player, please do not wear any Wales training kit.
- Please bring plenty of water and food for the session.
Trial registration form
The deadline for registering for the trials is 5.00pm on Friday 8 October 2022